How can You Eliminate IBS – Causes, Treatments and Foods
You are here to find information about abdominal pain due to Irritable bowel syndrome. Find IBS symptoms, causes and treatments with foods to avoid.
Before choosing a stomach pain relief it is necessary to analyze what kind of pain it is. Are you feeling stomach pain after eating? Either it is upper stomach pain or lower stomach pain? There are a lot of causes of stomach pain including indigestion, irritable bowel syndrome and countless others. A stomach pain medicine for a gastric pain will obviously not work for all kinds of abdominal pain.
What is abdominal pain? The abdominal pain does not always mean stomach pain. Abdominal pain area starts from left side or right side of just beneath the ribs and ends at pelvic. It includes many internal body organs. Here we shall be confined to the abdominal pain due to IBS.
What Does IBS Stand For In Medical Terms?
IBS stands for inflammatory bowel disease named irritable bowel syndrome.
What is IBS, what causes it and what can be done to treat it.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome Symptoms
What are signs and symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome?
It is a widespread disorder that affects the large intestine (colon). There may be a slight difference between IBS symptoms in men than that of in women and children. Moreover they may come and go frequently.
- Abdominal pain is the first sign of Irritable bowel syndrome. It may be in the lower or upper abdominal or it may be a left side or right side abdominal pain
- Your bowl frequency changes time to time. Sometimes you suffer diarrhea and sometimes constipation.
- IBS may accompany upper gastrointestinal (GI) symptoms like, Heartburn, Early feeling of fullness (satiety), Nausea, Abdominal fullness, Bloating, Fatigue, Muscle pain, Sleep disturbances, Sexual dysfunction, Low back pain and Headache etc.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome Causes
What causes irritable bowel syndrome?
The accurate source of IBS is unidentified. It is supposed to occur because of numerous reasons including change in the gastrointestinal (GI) tract motility, irregular nervous system signals, more feeling to pain and the Food sensitivities and intolerances. Some other factors like anxiety and depression are also thought to source IBS.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome Treatment
IBS treatment choices contain nutritional changes, medicines, stress decrease, behavioral treatment, and alternative therapy.
- Foods to avoid – Stop eating all the foods causing bloating and gas in the stomach for example cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower. You should also avoid raw fruits. Better to have special irritable bowel syndrome diet.
- Avoid all the foods which contain gluten for instance wheat, barley and rye. It will help reduce abdominal pain after eating.
- Avoid foods containing carbohydrates. For example grains, vegetables, fruits and dairy products are irritable bowel syndrome foods to avoid.
- Increase the intake of foods which are high in fiber.
- Sometimes doctors advise a proper irritable bowel syndrome diet plan.
- Anti-Diarrheal – loperamide (Imodium), cholestyramine (Prevalite), colestipol (Colestid) or colesevelam (Welchol)
- Anticholinergic and antispasmodic – hyoscyamine (Levsin) and dicyclomine (Bentyl)
- Antidepressant – imipramine (Tofranil) or nortriptyline (Pamelor), fluoxetine (Prozac, Sarafem) or paroxetine (Paxil)
- Antibiotics – rifaximin (Xifaxan)
- Colon Relaxer – Alosetron (Lotronex)
- Bowl Movers – Lubiprostone (Amitiza)
Disclaimer: Everything on this page is for information. Nothing may be taken as medical advice, prescription or recommendation. Consult your doctor for all concerns.
Scientific Way to Lose Weight Simply by Drinking Water
How to Easily Lose your Weight by Just Drinking Water? How much water can youRead More
How to Be Healthy and Happy in Life
We can write a book on the countless ways to keep healthy but I willRead More